The Irish Peatland Conservation Council is committed to complying with the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public issued by the Charities Regulator. It’s as important to us as it is to you.
Our pledge to donors is that we promise:
- to treat you with respect and listen to what you say
- to demonstrate our honesty and integrity in all our dealings with you and
- to be transparent and accountable in all our actions
It truly is critically important to us that we maintain the best standards when receiving donations from our generous supporters. These principles will enable you as our supporter to maintain a full level of support and appreciation for and from the Irish Peatland Conservation Council.
If you’ve any queries or concerns, you can contact us by telephone Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, on 045-860133 or via email anytime via: firstname.lastname@example.org
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that our past, present and future donors can have full confidence in the Irish Peatland Conservation Council. We promise we will effectively apply all of your generous gifts for their intended purposes.
We commit to you, our donors and future donors, that you will:
- Be informed of our mission and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the governing board and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements
- Be assured that your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they are given
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition within 5 working days
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by the law
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing a charity will be dealt with professionally
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees or third party agents (see Disclosure Statement below).
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints (see Complaints procedure below).
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to any questions you may have about Irish Peatland Conservation Council
- Keep your personal information confidential to Irish Peatland Conservation Council unless you have given us permission to share it.
Tell Us What You Think
We know we don’t always get things right. We want to do things better but we need your help. Please tell us when you think we’ve done well, or when we’ve failed to live up to our promises. We will listen to your comments and learn from our mistakes. We welcome any feedback or suggestions you may have about our organisation. If you have some, please contact us by calling 045-860133 or emailing: email@example.com. Your feedback should be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer.
Our Disclosure Statement
The Irish Peatland Conservation Council is open about whether those seeking donations on their behalf are volunteers, employees of the Irish Peatland Conservation Council or are third party agents.
Anyone fundraising on behalf of the Irish Peatland Conservation Council must ensure that prospective donors are aware of their status, i.e. volunteers, employees or third party agents.
Our Complaints Process
If you tell us something is wrong we will follow our complaints procedure and:
- keep a copy of your comments
- tell the right people in Irish Peatland Conservation Council
- let you know what action we have taken
- try to resolve any complaint as soon as possible
- explain our complaints process.
How to Complain
Working together we can improve our services so please get in touch. Please contact our us by calling 045-860133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and mark it for the attention of the Chief Executive Officer.