Every year IPCC needs the help of people all over Ireland to take part in the National Frog Survey Ireland. Please record where frogs, spawn and tadpoles occur in the Hop to It Irish Frog Survey.
There are a few options available to you to send your frog record (including frog spawn, tadpoles, adult frogs or froglets) to the IPCC.
- Fill in the survey form below (please note that if the “Submit” button is not active on your computer or other device you cannot fill the form below in on line, please choose the next option).
- Download a microsoft word version of the form from this link: Blank-Frog-Survey-card. You can fill this form in on your own computer then send it to IPCC as an email attachment. Our address is: email@example.com
- You can print the form, complete it by hand then post it to IPCC at: Hop To It Frog Survey 2015, IPCC, Lullymore, Rathangan, Co. Kildare.
- You can request a printed copy of the survey card from the IPCC office if you prefer. Just email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address asking for the National Frog Survey Ireland 2014 Form. You can also telephone us for a card on Telephone: 045-860133.
Whatever way you choose to send us your record please make sure to give us all the information we have asked for. Thanks very much for your help. If you need to get a grid reference please follow this link.
Before you head out on your survey watch our short film.
The Hop To It Irish Frog Survey began in 1997. We have frog records from every county in Ireland. Volunteer recorders have returned over 4,500 frog records since the survey began. The information has been databased by the IPCC so that it can be used by researchers and conservationists to help our understanding of the status of frogs in Ireland and to take any steps necessary to ensure their survival. Click here if you would like to learn more about Frogs in Ireland please.
National Frog Survey Ireland – Tip
* Please enter a grid reference for where you made your observation. You can find the grid reference for your observation by visiting http:www.biology.ie/convert.php and clicking on the map! (This will open in a pop-up window). You can then copy the grid reference into the space provided.
Irish Peatland Conservation Council, Bog of Allen Nature Centre, Lullymore, Rathangan, Co. Kildare. Email: email@example.com; Tel: +353-45-860133.