Primary School Visits Bog of Allen Nature Centre
- Bog of Allen Nature Centre Location: Lullymore, Rathangan, Co. Kildare
- Tutor: Nuala Madigan, Education Officer, Irish Peatland Conservation Council
- Available all year round
- Cost: €6.50 per student for a three hour programme
- Booking contact: telephone Nuala on 045-860133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download our School Visits to the Bog of Allen Nature Centre Brochure
IPCC’s Primary School Visits can be conducted on location at the Bog of Allen Nature Centre or can be based at your school location. Choose from two programmes:
- Discover Primary Science ‘Walk on Water Ecology of Bogs‘ links with the DPS Surface Tension and Bubbles activity sheet and extends it to a field study investigation of a bogland habitat. Click here you would like to watch a video programme of Allenwood National School on a Discover Primary Science visit to the Bog of Allen Nature Centre.
- Nature Outside the Classroom – Primary Science. This programme includes a guided visit to the Peatland Nature Museum at our centre, a quiz and a choice of two further activities from the following list: pond dipping, woodland mini-beasts, traditional Irish cottage, nature crafts, multi-sensory earth walk, visit to Lodge Bog a conserved raised peatland and flytraps insect eating plants.
Alternatively we provide visits under the Heritage and School Scheme. ‘Bringing Bogs into the Classroom’ offers your students an opportunity to study a peatland local to your school or indeed simply study peatlands within their classroom.
Bog Formation: Bog in a bottle
Pond Dipping for Mini Beasts
Bog Plant Studies: Adaptations